Monday, September 20, 2010

Getting is all started MBG3 "Walk the walk"

First Blog, Day One, No pressure!  Started this morning with the usual rush to get the girls (daughters Alyssa & Ashlyn) for any of you parents out there you know how much "FUN" it can be getting two teenagers out of bed and off to school. Monday traffic was light for a change and I actually to them to school on time.  For those of you who don't live in L.A. that is no small feat. 
I am going to be sharing the process of my transformation from Body Builder diet to Plant Based over the next 60 days along with my daily training (The MBG3: Whole body skill training, Eichens Yoga & PB nutrition). 
I co-own with partners Dave and Justin, the only Monkey Bar Gym currently on the west coast (www.monkeybargymla.com)  We recently had a visit from the founder of Monkey Bar Gym - Jon Hinds and after presenting two very successful seminars took the time to present a challenge to us.  The challenge Jon presented was for us to do a better job of "Walking the Walk"  meaning he gave us what I call the "Come to Jesus meeting.  We have all been working toward following the MBG3 some with more success than others (big props to Justin), me however not so much.  I could give you the excuses and the justifications but feel it would be better to say that I have been resistive to change really because of prior programing (30+ years of bodybuilding nutrition & classical nutrition education).  Being a fitness professional & workout enthusiast since I was a kid, I have been exposed to more than my share of nutritional philosophies.  This in addition to my own research and schooling has been the justification for my resistance to the third of the MBG3.  This blog represents my first step toward the RE-education of a bodybuilder. 

The MBG 3:  (Whole Body Skill Training, Eichens Yoga & Plant Based Nutrition)

MBG 1:  Training
Monday is an off day for training since we are just coming off a CRAZY week at the gym (seminars, lecturing at Moorpark College and CLU, 4x workouts and the start of the 60 day challengers.   Usually, Monday is my DBMA (Dog Brothers Martial Art) training day with the North Hollywood Dog Brothers check out www.dogbrothers.com.  The gathering of the pack was yesterday and all the NOHO Dogs represented!!  Accordingly, no training today.
Just did the DBMA warm up and practiced some basic single and double stick techniques (30 min total)
Purchase the new Vibrams for outdoor running I might as well ditch the running shoes too while I am walking the walk.

MBG2: Restoration
ES YOGA:
Beginner sequence 2x and then taught A.J. some poses with cueing for his low back issue (bridge and supine mountain).

SLEEP:
I was fortunate to get good sleep (a key recovery element) last night. I will share my sound sleep E-book and MP3 for you in the future.  As well as my E-book on Jet Travel.  

MBG3: Plant Based Nutrition

Since I am not due to start the "Fast" portion of my plan until Thursday pm I have put myself into a weening mode.  Cutting coffee intake ( a must before a fast or you will suffer BIG time), I have already cut out my arch Nemesis (Chocolate)  it became a major comfort food during my recovery from Thyroid cancer a number of years ago.  Oh yes, I guess I should tell you about my medical history at some point and my thyroid or lack thereof. 
Breakfast: Home made organic coffee 1 cup, 15.2 FL OZ of Evolution Essential Greens drink and Organic Green Superfood Bar from Whole Foods. 

Lunch:  15.2 (yes, .2) Essential Greens drink and Green Tea (to avoid a caffeine meltdown and to protect those around me)  sm. Bag of Almonds, 5 figs

Dinner:  Will be another Essential Green drink and a "Jethro" (think Beverly Hillbillies) bowl of salad with veggies. 

Overall feeling good about the process and have only a minor caffeine headache, let this be fair warning to those to choose to come close Kevie gets a little cranky until he gets through the caffeine & sugar blues.

Take care brothers and sisters,

Kevin

No comments:

Post a Comment